Cleaning restrooms and bathrooms might not top your list of favorite jobs, but with the right techniques and materials, you can make your bathroom the high standard for cleanliness. National Purity commercial cleaning products are designed to be effective and affordable. Follow these tips from our deep cleaning experts to get the most out of your bathroom cleaners.
Deep cleaning tips for bathrooms
- Wipe down walls, wainscoting, decorations, light fixtures, shelves and vents.
- Spray all mirrors and glass with a commercial glass cleaner and thoroughly wipe dry.
- Check windows for streaking and rinse to remove old residue before using a window cleaner.
- Use a disinfectant cleaner on tiled areas to remove grime, soap residue, and oils that build up on them. Dirt and soil cling to these sticky surfaces, so use a scrub brush or non-abrasive pad to effectively remove grime.
- Clean grout with a commercial product and a grout scrubber, toothbrush or sponge to remove mold, mildew and soapy scum. Areas between tiles should be sealed with a commercial sealer to make them water and abrasion resistant.
- Shower liners can be washed in the washing machine or alternately, scrub them thoroughly with warm, soapy water.
- Attack difficult toilet bowl rings by scrubbing with an environmentally friendly or green commercial cleaner/disinfectant that dissolves hard-water stains. Toilets are magnets for germs, so make sure to disinfect all toilet surfaces, including the back, sides and underneath the seat.
- Sinks, faucets, handles and soap dispensers should be cleaned well with a commercial disinfecting cleaner. A small scrub brush will allow you to reach all the crevices and channels on sinks where dirt, soil and grime can collect.
- Clean wastebaskets by washing them out with warm, soapy water. You can also use liners to keep them extra clean and easy to maintain.
- Work from the top down when cleaning. Soil and germs on walls, stalls, windows and sinks will fall toward the ground when cleaning.
- Sweep and mop floors with a commercial cleaner to disinfect and eliminate dirt and grime that has fallen to the ground. Make sure drains and clean and unclogged before mopping.
Commercial disinfectants eradicate germs and and form the foundation of essential bathroom cleaning. For maximum effectiveness, allow the cleaning product to saturate a surface for several minutes. Scrub and wipe clean, then rinse the surface and allow it to dry. Use separate cleaning cloth for each application to eliminate cross contamination and the spread of germs and bacteria around the bathroom. Extended exposure to commercial cleaners can cause skin irritation, so remember to wear rubber gloves for adequate protection.
“Image Credit: google.com“